- Some low resolution monitors had an issue with the creation dialog. This has now been rectified
- This version now has an excellent Sketching web utility. Instead of creating shapes individually inside TAD; you can now create a set of shapes that you want to sketch together. This is done on our website. Then you can copy those shapes on your computer clipboard; and return back to TAD in order to paste them. Once pasted; you can further work on the same set and do all the calculations, 3D etc inside TAD. We encourage all developers to create such utilities to import shapes into TAD. The documentation has all the details; including the simple format that is expected to be copied to the system clipboard
- TAD 220.127.116.11 has been released now. It has several important changes. We are finalizing the collaboration system. In this version, we have provided a neat screenshot image creation feature – it captures the screen as per your command. You can use it to share the status of your ongoing work to others See the docs at http://docs.teamtad.com/doku.php/mirrorsite Very soon, a sophisticated and yet flexible method for realistic collaboration will be available. Please report bugs/suggestions from within TAD itself. Enjoy!
- Now hip-roof modelling also done. See sample file hiproofsample.td5 Yon plane default is now 1000 instead of 100 so you would also be able to view the large TAD models in the 3D draft view. (This was available earlier too; but you needed to set the yon plane to 1000 manually) Lots of small UI improvements.
- Now the niggardly issue with the class properties (subst(…) and notes(…)) is over. Installer now sets the registry for internal browser version number too; so that Mattermost c hat can be loaded directly inside TAD itself. Default TAD file now has reference to the sample page for object notes. Some cosmetic changes done
- TAD Designer Lite version 18.104.22.168 has been released. It now has excellent merge and outline capabilities. This should be much faster and without errors. Context Sensitive Help has been made more relevant to subtler UI contexts. Now right click menu of objects list has useful options like delete the object, etc.
- Lots of small UI improvements. We also managed to clean up the documentation a lot more. Please use the TIPS system to get a good start on TAD. When TAD starts, usually the tips dialog is given. There is a fetch button on that dialog. Click on that to fetch the latest tips from our server. There are now 46 separate tips that join together for a good intro to TAD. enjoy!
- The tips system has been improved. New tips have been written. Now more will be added soon. As the tips are bit larger, the tip dialog is also now bigger – Some more minor cosmetic changes. Rotation of objects now has a proper explanation
- TAD now has a brand new set of icons for the user interface. This is a major change in the UI. I hope those who used the earlier set would quickly find the meaning of the new set . Cleaned up lots of clutter. Some minor bugs removed.
- Subtle changes in the UI and and Aerial Navigator. Now when you click inside the Navigtor (instead of marking a rectangle), it will pan to that location with the existing zoom settings. Earlier, the default thickness for “envelopes” was 2 pixels. This has been changed to 1 . There was a subtle UI bug in the way selections were sometimes rendered: Instead of rendering in blue dotted, it used to occasionally render with a solid line. Hopefully this is now corrected.
- Major uprade. A brand new Aerial navigator introduced. Using this navigator, you can get the entire project inside a small navigator window. When you mark out a rectangle in there, you will see the file zoomed to that rectangle. We introduced this because the regular scrollwheel zoom up/down is slow. Suggestions welcome on this navigator. Some UI regarding “beak alignment” also improved (Now the ALT key is needed along with right-click for beak alignment to happen)
- There was a bug in handling passwords containing special characters. This has been handled correctly now. This is an important update for those who have used characters such as #, $ etc in their passwords
- There was a bug in double clicking and opening TAD files directly from Windows Explorer. This has been rectified.
- News button available on the main toolbar. Authentication made more robust. “Check for update” is now working fine. Some minor improvements/cleanup here and there
- TAD now can import shapes from polylines present in DXF files. They have to be made in a special manner see DXF2TAD Removed a bug in calculation of areas/perimeter for some shapes which had curves. Improvement in speed of the TAD-Interprocess Controller that handles the “td:” links inside browsers. Now lot of actions of TAD can be directed from such special hyperlinks in web-pages and wiki-pages. For example; you can actually write out a wiki page for your staff; and they need not get too worried about the underlying file system The special clickable 'td:' links handles many of the file actions
- TAD now has many “verbs” inside the custom URL. Load tadprotocol.html into a browser that is installed in the main folder after your run the installer. TAD can now create arbitrary polylines from clipboard, or the create menu. TAD also shows the TAD chat within the program itself. It can also be configured to show your own office chat from your own private cloud server
- Now the TAD custom URL protocol has been implemented. You can create web pages with such special TAD links (starting with td: … ) and the link will do actions directly inside TAD. Some creation bugs removed. See docs here
- More context sensitive help has been configured. Now you can get help for right-click on architect, the yellow headsup command-line, etc
- Now you can associate TAD files on your disk to be loaded into TAD by double clicking .td4 or .td5 filenames. You can also drag and drop TAD files into the status-bar inside TAD and they would get opened inside.
- Context sensitive help can be displayed within the application itself. Or you can use the settings to show it in your regular browser
- Bug tracking can be done both for your project as well as for TAD overall
- Small improvements in UI
- Virtualight re-introduced. The TAD Dashboard is now at http://tiny.cc/taddash We are no longer using Favro. All registrations MUST be done into our TAD Chat system
- When you specify a URL for the notes of an object/class, TAD will take you to the said URL along with the specified object name and classname on a query string. By default it is the same query string as seen in a google search; q=“<ObjName>”+“<classname>” So you will have to give https://google.com/search for the notes of the object. If your specified url itself contains the string &q= then no object name or classname would be added. The benefit of this feature is that you can point the collaborators of your design, to a website containing detailed design info of the object being designed. The query string can be configured if you want.
- Minor changes. The object notes feature is now lot more polished
- Hope you are all enjoying use of TAD. The current version is now 22.214.171.124 Now you can give notes for objects. If you give it at the class level, then it must be a URL. If you give it at the object level, it can be either a URL or some small sentence directly written in the object property tab page. Use this feature to guide all the others involved in the project on design guidelines of your architectural elements. You can even use it to point to a issue-tracker specifically for that particular object/class
- Major version update! Now if you right click on “Architect” inside TAD Designer Lite, it is moved to it's earlier location (Remembers last 10 steps or so) Now undo history is preserved across file-saves. That means you make changes, save the file, go home to sleep, come back and load the same file – presto even the undo history is back! TAD projects can be associated with any issue-tracker (Our favorite one is Favro) Associate the URL of a particular collection at Favro to a TAD model – then you can keep track of what is going on in your project too
- One more built-in Predicate is now available in ARDELA. httpstr(URL,Out) Data flow- (i,o) If you supply in the first parameter, a URL (even an https url) it will retrieve the contents using the “GET” protocol in the second parameter Some additional cosmetic changes also made
- The web host for the news system is now located at another server. Minor changes
- All the various social media and website links are now available from inside TAD Designer itself. The initial news display is more graceful to the user, if the Internet is slow or not available. From 126.96.36.199 onwards registration is now verified against either TAD Chat system as well as the Favro based TAD Dashboard
- Now people can take membership either at the chat system or at the TAD Dashboard (which collects bugs, suggestions, etc). That is hosted by Favro http://tiny.cc/taddashboard At some point, we may limit membership into this TAD Chat system. We got feedback that possibly, very large number of people all chatting at the same time may not make sense. Hence this change on how the membership works. Initial users of the version 6.x of TAD would all be there on chat – but maybe in a few months, the membership there would stop. Future members would need to register themselves at the aforesaid TAD Dashboard page hosted by Favro
- The Bugs and Suggestions tracking system has been moved from myjetbrains.com to the excellent KanBan system from favro.com
- Now TAD includes the excellent open-source curl utility for fetching and posting to the Internet. Expect to see more deeper usage of curl by TAD (It doesn't matter to the end users. This is just a useful technicality) See https://curl.haxx.se/
- Now you should see interactive tutorials that would work from within TAD Designer Lite, using a scripting language called AutoIt. See http://www.autoitscript.com A sample AutoIt script is present in the BIN folder after installation (extension .au3)
- You can now intermix dimensions in feet and inches, when moving architect. However, there is a limitation: It will accept only up to three decimal places in the inch value and not more. So 1.5', 1'6“ will be both acceptable and both same. 0'1.55” is accepted but 1'6.3356“ will not be accepted. For dimensions less than 1 feet, you will have to specify 0' also
- The command to create classes via clipboard is now more sophisticated. Now you can specify like this
[ocl(“First”,”Project“,,”“,”“),ocl(“Second”,”First“,,”“,”“),ocl(“Third”,”Second“,,”“,”“)] which is thinner form of the cl(…) domain of TAD. It uses names of classes instead of Cref and if you use ”“ it would get deposited on the current class as its parent. Note: The clipboard is destructively cleaned up of all newline characters. You can spread the ocl(…) definitions over several lines as long as the compressed syntax is correct
- Now there is a proper installer for TAD Designer Lite. The installation procedure is much simpler
- The latest news on TAD is picked up from the chat system and deposited at http://news.teamtad.com It is also available inside TAD Designer when you star the programme
- One surprising bug removed. It was to do with export to 3D formats. For some reason, all 3D exports were creating 0 byte files. I traced this to the way Windows 10 behaved. It may or may not be a bug in some user's installation as it is to do with the way Windows locates a particular DLL file in its OpenGL system. In my case, it was a problem. So I played safe and ensured that TAD would pick up this file in the correct manner, whatever be the situation.
- License TOS now shifted to the documentation site.
- Implemented beak alignment … Say you have two objects, “A” and “B” . Now you rotate and move “B” so that one corner of “B” is exactly snapped to one corner of “A”. Now that arrangement forms a bird's beak kind of angle with the edges between “A” and “B” … Because you had freshly moved “B”, it would be the current object and one of the helpers is at the corner of the bird-beak. Now when you right-click on the edge of “A”, you would find that “A” magically aligns itself to the angle of the other edge (which was the previous current edge on “B”). This is very useful to align objects to the same angle
- There is another useful command similar to above, which is simpler. Type 0.115 in TAD Designer Lite and that would appear in the yellow command line Now without closing the yellow command line, when you right click on another object, that object would automatically shift to the first one and moreover it would also be offset by 0.115! It would do the required beak rotation if so needed
- If you shift-right-click on an object, then the first helper of the current object shifts to the vertex you were pointing to in the other object You can easily use it to “trace” or wrap one object around a set of objects
- Authentication check is more stringent than before. Make sure you always use your own office ID (which is kept in the file teamtad.id) … Do NOT manually edit teamtad.id on your own, else you may lose control over your own files. Internally, teamtad.id is used to put a stamp into your own data files. This ensures that your data is in your own control. Just in case someone steals your file from your office, it will not open in another installation of TAD
- Toolbars when rearranged, will retain their rearranged positions when you restart the program
- Selection thru ardela code implemented. See documentation here: selectWithCode
- Colors picked up from colorconfig.dat
Take a look at the comments left in colorconfig.dat to see how the color of “chajja” was changed to a specific color. Note that comments start with the % sign and goes to end of the line. You need to format the files with one instruction per line as shown in colorconfig.dat
- Now update check is not automatic.
- Implemented a silent error report for Net problems
- The first one released on Jan 26, 2017 at the Ooty Programme
Press F1 inside the application to read context-sensitive help directly in the application itself