How to get support (and also give support!)
There are several websites that have been setup for TAD. The following list should help you decide where you have to go, in order to get support.
- Context Sensitive Help! Once you start using the software, press F1 to obtain context sensitive help. The help will bring you back to this website – Each working context would have its own help page here. But all of them are currently not written – it would get cooperatively fleshed out by users like you. Obviously, you would need the Internet to be available in your computer when you invoke the context sensitive help
- You need more help? The fastest way to get support is to simply chat with the main developer (Sabu Francis) and other users/supporters of TAD. We have our teamTAD community at Discord now . Use this invitation link to join that community: https://discord.gg/KxuHQax
- Earlier, we had a chat system runs off a dedicated server and it uses the powerful Mattermost chatting system. You can read how to use chat here but now that our community has grown large; our server is unable to handle the load. Hence we will switch off that system by October 31,2020
- This site that you are reading now http://docs.teamtad.com would be the place to obtain all the help. Even the context sensitve help from within TAD Designer/Lite would come from here.
- This project has a “Dashboard” which lists all the current issues, bug, suggestions etc. Click here for the dashboard When you encounter some issue, you can scan the dashboard and see if that issue is already listed there.
You can access that dashboard from within TAD Designer Lite. Go to the Help Menu and click on the menu item for the dashboard. You can even post your own RFI (Request for information) and even job listings there. All available from within the application
- The main project site is http://www.teamtad.com That is the entry point into this project. It contains historical information, the why of the project and overall emotional appeal too
- Versions 7.x onwards of TAD would be open source and that is being managed from another site http://tad.in.net (Don't go there as yet)
- There are some theories and some very old information of TAD here http://ww3.teamtad.com The contents therein would be moved (and edited too) into the site you are reading now
- From version 7.x onward stores data in a private cloud server. That is being managed from http://www.architectsdesktop.com (It is under construction and may not be working)
- In order to freely distribute data (something like Time Saver Standards) we are using another website http://www.architectsdata.com (It is also under construction and may not be working)
- If you absolutely want personal support and/or want to help out in some more deeper manner (such as contributing money) then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Sabu Francis would let you know how to contact him on phone/skype/whatsapp
By the way, much of the above is cooperatively developed, so you can also pitch in!
Please feel free to write documentation, contribute sample TAD files, write ARDELA probes (addons) and so on. Of course, you can also donate money for this project.
Not just that. This is NOT a one-way street. There is a business model here and there are surely ways to make money using TAD for everyone using it. Here is a personal appeal from Sabu Francis regarding Money Matters
Press F1 inside the application to read context-sensitive help directly in the application itself