Creating an outline
How to create an outline?
To create an outline:
- Select the objects for which you want to create an outline. If there is no selection set, then the current object is assumed to be the one on which the outline is created
- On the Create menu, click Create outline tab. Alternately, you can press Ctrl + Shift + F2.
- Type a name for the outline, and enter offset value.
The outline created is automatically added to the current class. If there was a selection set, then EACH object in the selection set would get a new equivalent object with the offset value
Note: If the offset value is:
- A decimal value, type 0 before the decimal point. For example 0.123.
- 0 (zero), an exact copy of the object is created.
If you want to create the offset within the object, specify a negative value.
Press F1 inside the application to read context-sensitive help directly in the application itself